WE BELIEVE IN HARD WORK
We're a tight-knit group that believes small teams can make a big impact when everyone works together. You might find yourself standing next to the owner in an assembly line, unloading a shipment of boxes, or at a trade show in New York or Atlanta, repping the 1canoe2 collection of products to buyers from Anthropologie.
We believe that every voice counts and when everyone contributes, everyone wins.
WE CARE ABOUT OUR PEOPLE
Hard work comes from happy employees. We laugh a lot around here and love to celebrate–there's always an excuse for cake and champagne!
We encourage our employees to take care of themselves and their families, so we offer flexible schedules along with ample paid vacation and holidays.
Court Street Custom Fulfillment :: Shipping Assistant
- Assisting Production/Shipping Manager in getting packages out the door quickly – Careful, on time, and accurate packing, assembly, and shipping of retail & wholesale packages with less than 2% rate of errors
- Packaging and production work when needed (or when there is no shipping)
- Taking initiative and completing tasks that need to be done, whether they’ve been assigned or not.
- Working independently so as not to distract yourself or others from the detailed tasks at hand.
- Speaking up when a problem arises, and reporting to the next level of management.
- Being a team player and working well with others to achieve the goals of 1canoe2 at large.
IDEAL SKILL SET:
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy while working quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter that also works well within a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Critical thinking skills to problem solve daily issues that may arise
- Solution oriented, able to troubleshoot/seek out answers to questions
- Enthusiastic, warm, friendly personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to a regular work schedule
- Minimal computer experience
- Shipstation experience
This position is part of the overall production team. Daily tasks will be set by the Production/Shipping Manager. The department is overseen by the Operations & Account Manager, along with the company owner.
If you’re not really into careful work and details, or physical work, you will not love this job. You will need to stand a large part of the day, lift boxes up to 50 pounds, and carry packages down stairs.
Someone with a friendly disposition and extremely good work ethic is mandatory. We have a great time and have fun here, but we also work very hard. Even if shipping isn’t your ideal permanent position, we include everyone in creative and staff meetings and value input. This is a great opportunity to experience a growing young company and make an impact on the future. Everyone contributes, everyone wins.
After a 3 month probation period, the position will be evaluated based on need and performance. We work out of our Fulton, Missouri studio. Normal work hours are 8am-4pm, but flex with season and workload.
ABOUT COURT STREET CUSTOM FULFILLMENT:
Owned by Beth Snyder (founder and owner of 1canoe2), Court Street Custom Fulfillment is a custom fulfillment company that caters to speciality, boutique brands. We offer exemplary fulfillment solutions with a nod toward the small details. We place company culture among our top priorities. Positive attitude, team-based problem solving, honesty, and creativity are key elements to successful employment.
We supply shipping and production services for several companies, including 1canoe2, Hemlock Goods, and Gumball Poodle.
- Salary: $10-13/hour
- 15 days Paid Time Off for sick/personal/vacation per year, do not roll over
- Paid holidays (New Year’s, MLK day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day)
- Optional health insurance benefits/dental/vision/life insurance
- 401(k) match of first 3% (after first 6 months)
- Company float trip
- Awesome work environment
- Flexible work schedule
Please email a resume and a brief introduction about yourself to email@example.com with the title “Shipping Assistant Application”